The main purpose of the private screening of NED – The Movie is to raise awareness of about gynecological cancers. It is a documentary provide life-saving information, and a movie that every single woman should watch. NED – No Evidence Of Disease will change the way you ask questions to your OBGYN. Tens of thousands of women are diagnosed every year with a GYN cancer. Nearly one in three will die. Every hour, approximately ten women are diagnosed with one of the five major below the belt cancers: cervical, ovarian, uterine (endometrial), vulvar and vaginal.
Survivors often say, ‘I didn’t know.’ What they didn’t know are the signs and symptoms of GYN cancers. That’s why Spark Media produced No Evidence of Disease. It is time for every women to #BeDownThereAware.
Details of the Private Screening of NED – The Movie
The idea is for women to attend together as a “girls’ night out” to promote a dialog among friends, but everyone is welcome.
- Date:Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Check-in starts at 6:30 pm
- Location: Art Museum of the Americas
- Address: 201 18th Street, Washington, DC
- Suggested minimum donation to attend: $25 per person on Eventbrite.com
- Hashtags: #PrivatesScreeningNED, #BeDownThereAware, #NEDTheMovie #L4LNuevaVida
Acquiring Your Admission Ticket
Your admission tickets can be obtained online by clicking here: https://l4lscreeningned.eventbrite.com. This is a educational fundraising event and your contribution to attend the screening is highly appreciated.
- Suggested minimum donation = $25 per person.
- 6:30 pm Welcome reception.
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm NED screening.
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm Q&A and post-screening discussion with the panel board.
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm wine-and-cheese reception.
- Dr. G. Larry Maxwell – MD, FACOG, COL(ret) U.S. Army, Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inova Fairfax Hospital Assistant Director, Inova Schar Cancer Institute Co-P.I., DOD Gynecologic Cancer Translational Research Center of Excellence, Chairman, Globe-athon International, Inc.
- Dr. Sergio Rimola – MD, FACOG, Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Virginia Commonwealth University, Clinical Instructor of the George Washington University School of Medicine, DC Chairperson National Hispanic Medical Association.
- Ilana Feuchter – Ovarian Cancer Survivor. She is not only the Chapter Manager of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. She is a survivor herself. In 2013 upon learning she possesses a BRCA1 mutation, she elected to have prophylactic surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes. Ilana has spoken at survivor courses for The Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service of Johns Hopkins Hospital and the 2016 NOCC National Conference.
- Cancer Survivor 2
- Andrea Kalin – NED Director, Producer & Writer. She is an Emmy Award-winning filmmaker and the founder of Spark Media, a celebrated documentary filmmaker whose films have aired on major networks around the globe, screened theatrically to sold-out audiences, and earned more than 85 industry awards, including a Prime Time Emmy, and Golden Globe and WGA nominations.
NED – The Movie Synopsis
Six GYN cancer surgeons take on the Big C with Rock ‘n’ Roll. Their patients become the band’s most ardent fans. Below the belt cancers and a below the radar cause enter the spotlight. The result: NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE, an intimate, humorous, and inspiring documentary from award-winning Spark Media Productions.
The Cause & Campaign
Take a moment learn more about our campaign Raising Funds for Medically Underserved Latin Women with Cancer in the DC Area through Nueva Vida and why we are doing this fundraiser.
Can’t Attend But Still Want to Contribute Anyway
In the event you cannot attend the event, but still want to contribute in some way, please consider making a donation by check payable to Latinas 4 Latinas and send it to the following address:
Latinas 4 Latinas
P.O. Box 11377
McLean, VA 22102-1377
Or make the donation online here:
Beneficiary – Nueva Vida
A percentage of the cash donations of this community event will go directly to Nueva Vida, community-based charity organization that helps Latino woman battling GYN cancer navigate them through the healthcare system, from diagnosis to treatment to post-treatment care. Most of these women have no knowledge of the disease, and most importantly, have no means to pay for the adequate treatment.
Sponsors and Sponsorship Opportunities
Latinas 4 Latinas is honored to have the following local businesses and large corporations to be our sponsors in this event:
- Fairfax Radiology Consultants
- Spark Media Productions
For sponsorship inquiries, please write to us at email@example.com.